NOTE: At The Chef Alliance, we love to support local communities, endeavours and charities. We have been contacted to promote the following event and to encourage our members to participate in it. We are not, however, in any way affiliated with the organisation.
The 2017 Chef Challenge hosted by Victim Services of Peel showcases Chef's culinary talents to over 350 of Peel Region’s community and business leaders. This signature event brings together over 15 local Chefs who create their best culinary dishes for guests to sample and to vote for their top chef.
The 2017 Chef Challenge raises funds for Victim Services of Peel, a registered charitable organization (Charitable No. 124360280RR0001) that delivers 24/7 crisis intervention to victims of crime and tragic circumstances in Brampton and Mississauga, Ontario.
Every year, they touch thousands of lives by providing an immediate, caring and healing response to people in crisis.
You can join to help them achieve their goal of $100,000 for the 2017 Chef Challenge. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Michelle Roszkowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 905-453-2121 ext 7651.
• Sufficient small samplings of each dish for approximately 350 people
• 2-3 Personnel to staff your station
• All necessary tools and utensils to serve your product
• Decorations to enhance your table space
• Any promotional material you may wish to display at your station (i.e. business cards, menus, coupons, etc.)
• Signage for your station and logo recognition throughout the evening on projector screens
• Two 8-ft skirted tables
• Hand sanitizer dispenser, wiping cloths, disposable serving gloves, ice bath bowl, dishes, cutlery and napkins for your station, garbage can
• Accessibility to some equipment needs (i.e. chafing dish, etc.) *Limited quantities
• One Humber College student Sous Chef to assist your station
• An Income Tax Receipt for ingredients used during the evening if required *Accompanied by receipt
A panel of judges will assess your culinary dishes and vote for the following two categories based on:
Uniqueness, Presentation, Creativity and Taste. The prestigious Chef Jacket will be presented for:
• Professional Chef Challenge
• Home Chef Challenge
Event guests will vote at the end of the night and a Chef Jacket will be presented for:
• People's Choice Chef Challenge
Copyright © The Chef Alliance | All Rights reserved I Proudly canadian since 2001
NOTE: MEMBERS OF THE CHEF ALLIANCE ARE COVERED BY LIABILITY INSURANCE, WHICH IS INCLUDED IN THEIR MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS.
BACKGROUND: The Chef Alliance is a membership organisation for Personal Chefs, Private Chefs, Chefs and Caterers, Artisan and Cottage Industry food producers and bakers, Home Cooks, Culinary Instructors, Food Stylists, Chef Instructors and other foodservice professionals across Canada. We support our members in growing strong, successful businesses, through mentorship, peer support, marketing, business savings and liability insurance. We have member Chefs in Toronto, Mississauga, Hamilton, Burlington, Montreal, Quebec City, Vaughan, Markham, Ottawa, Vancouver, Victoria, Richmond, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Halifax... and many other towns and cities in Canada.
DISCLAIMER: INFORMATION PROVIDED MAY BE INCOMPLETE. THIS ARTICLE SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED A SUBSTITUTE FOR PROFESSIONAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL ADVICE. EACH BUSINESS SITUATION IS UNIQUE AND THE ADVICE PROVIDED IS INTENDED TO BE GENERAL. PLEASE CONTACT A LEGAL OR FINANCIAL PROFESSIONAL FOR ADVICE THAT IS BEST SUITED FOR YOUR BUSINESS AND TO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS OF YOUR LOCAL/REGIONAL GOVERNMENT LAWS AND BY-LAWS.